Monday, January 09, 2006

Books you will read.

Or I will read them to you. Or feed them too you. Or burn your house down. Or erase all the music off your blessed little iPod. Got it? Good. Read the books:

1. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
1. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
10. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

(And no, "1, 1, 10" is not a mistake. The first two are tied. Yet Kite Runner, while being a great book, well, it just may really make the READTHISBOOKORI'LLBURNYOUTOTHEGROUND List. But I do feel some attachment towards this book!)

Books on my Soon to Read List:

Mere Christianity by Clive Staples Lewis
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (I had this on my list BEFORE I knew it would be a movie. Really!)
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown(Okay, so I fell for peer pressure ... but it's about(ish) Art! So I have a good(ish) reason!)
Modern Art and the Death of a Culture by Hans Rookmaaker
The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

Anyone out there read Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon?
Very cool read. I won't burn your house down if you don't read it, but my evil rage will smolder with alarming ferocity! ... J/k.

I don't usually like to recommend books. I'd rather gauge other people's reactions before admitting that, yes, I've read Gone with the Wind, Archie Comics, Atwood's dystopias, and Reader's Digest sob stories and enjoyed them with some level of amusement :)

No comments: