Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Morning Mind

Alarm is set for seven
I want to eat at eight
But sleep for me is heaven
And I always end up late

This morning for example
I didn't hear the call
My sleep was even ample
To be completely on the ball

I missed another class
Dr Loney I'm so sorry
I feel like such an ass
But please hear out this story

I'm in the morning mind
At the break of every day
That's just the way it is aligned
Morning tends to come that way

If only it would arrive at night
My problems would be solved
Then in class I would be bright
Instead of brains dissolved

I know who to blame for this
It's Daylight Savings Time
Apologize for your remiss
And give me back my mind

The eight months of my school term
Should hold 36 hours a day
That's more time for us to learn
And still leave room for play

This may sound like frivolity
But Prof Needham will affirm
It is a matter of psychology
Playing fights off mental germs

And should this prove to be the case
Then I'll be hale and hearty
So forgive me profs in unending grace
And let me sleep and party

No comments: